I just got nominated for my first Liebster Award so exciting!
11 random facts about me:
1. I am a cat person, I may be allergic to them, but I can't live without them. I am not a fan of dogs, especially ones who are pushy.
2. I am an only child and may have a serious case of only child syndrome
3. We love being really involved in our church. Evie is there so often (3+ days a week) that she thinks it is her second home and is completely comfortable running the place
4. My favourite Princess has always been Sleeping Beauty, I don't know if I identify with her look, or am just jealous of the nap!
5. I have become a bit of an instagram addict! I am checking constantly and love seeing those babies (if you want to see mine follow me, @ekesmom)
6. I have a minor chocolate addiction, there was several months when I NEEDED it every night, fortunately I got that under control
7. I don't think I have picked up my camera since I upgraded my iPhone.
8. Somehow I became very strict in what I let my little girl wear. Already there are toddler clothes that I find way too trashy or grown-up for her. We absolutely do not wear baby bikinis, and I am so not a fan of animal print on kids, but to be fair I follow most of the same rules myself.
9. I am a bit of a Disney geek, I love reading about everything new coming out, and dream of our next trip to Florida
10. I have an absolutely fabulous shoes collection that I never get to wear anymore. My feet have gotten lazy, I used to wear heels all day, and now even a few hours is tough
11. I love party planning, some part of me has always wanted to do it professionally. Bonus points if you can get it done inexpensively, that is why I try to DIY everything including the decorations, food and the cake.
Questions for me:
1.What was you're first car?
My first car was a white Chevy cavalier names Princess.
2. Favourite childhood stuffed animal's name?
I have a beat-up tiny teddy bear named Tedo who has been with me since I was 3 hours old. He looks terrible because he got washed every week.
3. Tea or Coffee?
Tea, Steeped tea specifically! Check out my site at Erin's Steeped Tea
4. Where did you last walk to?
There is very little within walking distance of our home, there is the playground across the street, or the playground on the next block. So it was probably one of them, but that was before the snow.
5. What is your all time favourite movie and why?
Oh my, this is a very hard one, I honestly don't have a single favourite. My favourite genre is definitely historical action though, just like in books.
6. Worst recipe fail while cooking also was it for dinner, a birthday etc what did you do instead?
I tried to make a quiche to put away for dinner when we were stocking the freezer before Evie. Somehow the egg and pastry sort of fused in the freezer and the whole thing got a dry and bleh.
7. Did you play any sports as a child?
Depends how you define sport, I was a big dancer (mostly Ballet) but I hate organized competitive sports. I once got kicked off the tea-ball team for picking dandelions in the outfield.
8. What TV series are you watching right now?
We are just about to finish Call the Midwife. Good news, it starts again on Sunday!
9. Favourite baby names?
We always have huge issues with this one, it took us years to name Evelyn. Current leaders are: Rowen, Liam, Audrey, Aubrey but nothing has really clicked yet.
10. Who did you call last?
DH at work, he chats with me when I am bored.
11. If you could move anywhere in the world and bring all your friends and family, where would you move and why?
I am pretty happy here honestly, I would love to take some long vacations though, England, Italy, Orlando.
Questions for my nominees:
1. Is your family complete?
2.What is your go-to weeknight dinner?3.What was your favourite stage of your child's/children's development?
4.What is your favourite candy?
5.How did you first meet your SO
6.What is you average daily outfit?
7.What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
8.You are childless for half an hour, what do you do?
9.Which of your children's toys do you like to play with the most?
10.What is your favourite new life-hack?
11.What is your favourite kind of muffin and why?
Here are my nominees: